Thousands of people in the world have heard about Corleone: mainly because of the mafia, and also because of the Godfather movies. But only a few have seen it with their own eyes and have been fascinated by it.
The name “Corleone” is not simply that of a Godfather. Discover this picturesque village in the middle of the Sicilian countryside, enjoy the warm hospitality of the people and their effort to struggle against the Mafia.
The guided tour, led by an activist of a local non-profit organisation, will retrace the history of Corleone from the late nineteenth century. The takes you through the city centre and includes the “Laboratory of Legality”. Here you can admire the works of the Sicilian painter Gaetano Porcasi, which focus on the history of the Mafia and the Anti-mafia movement.
- Explore the cobbled street and lanes of Corleone with a local activist
- Learn about the history of the Mafia in Corleone through the painting of Gaetano Porcasi
- Climb the “Rocca Soprana” to reach the best viewpoint of Corleone
MEETING: 10.00 am – Piazza Falcone e Borsellino, Corleone
DURATION: 3 hours
Dates: on request
Euro 55 per person
Discounts for groups and under 18 years old Special price Euro 40 (only on Thursday).
Tour size: minimum of 2 people
The tour includes:
– Guided walk through Corleone
– Entrance fee to the “Laboratorio della Legalità”
– Donation to Addiopizzo
– Guided tour in a different language.
The tour doesn’t include: